The Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook is the primary output of the Blended Synchronous Learning Project. It includes the summative findings of the Blended Synchronous Learning case studies, a Blended Synchronous Learning Design Framework, and a range of other resources and information to support blended synchronous learning design research and practice.
The Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook can be downloaded from here (4.77 MB).
If you would like an at-cost printed version it can be purchased from Amazon for around $US20.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Overview
- Chapter 2: Background Literature and Context
- Chapter 3: The Blended Synchronous Learning Scoping Study
- Chapter 4: Rich-Media Synchronous Learning Technology Capabilities
- Chapter 5: Overview of Case Study Reports
- Chapter 6: Case Study 1 – Web Conferencing to Develop Investment Understanding
- Chapter 7: Case Study 2 – Room-based Video Conferencing to Develop Understanding of Healthcare Quality Improvement Approaches
- Chapter 8: Case Study 3 – Web Conferencing to Support Microscopic Tissue Analysis
- Chapter 9: Case Study 4 – Web Conferencing For Participation in Statistics Tutorials
- Chapter 10: Case Study 5 – Virtual Worlds to Facilitate Chinese Language Learning
- Chapter 11: Case Study 6 – Web Conferencing to Enable Presence in Sexology
- Chapter 12: Case Study 7 – Virtual Worlds For Teacher Education
- Chapter 13: Cross Case Analysis
- Chapter 14: Recommendations and Future Directions